Authenticity and Allure: Antique Precious Metal and Gemstone Jewelry
Each antique necklace, bracelet, earring, brooch or pendant you choose from Dover Jewelry & Diamonds has been authenticated as being at least 100 years old. While browsing through our ever-evolving treasury of exquisite luxury jewelry, you’re likely to find items representing several key periods:
- Georgian (1714-1830) — Georgian jewelry is a testament to this period’s appreciation of nature and its inherent grace. Many of the Georgian rings and pins we sell feature rose cut diamonds, sapphires, rubies and other fine gemstones.
- Victorian (1837-1901) — The Victorian Era produced whimsical jewelry in every setting, from white gold to platinum. Romance, symbolism and diamonds are often seen in this type of vintage jewelry.
- Art Nouveau (1880-1914) — Art Nouveau is a decidedly French movement, and it introduced an elegance of flowing themes and enamels with the motto of “Femininity and Its Relation to Nature”. Tiffany antique jewelry mimics the characteristics of the Art Nouveau Era, for which the jewelry house has become renowned.
- Edwardian (1901-1910) — Edwardian pieces incorporate platinum along with rose-cut diamonds, emerald and rubies in elaborate filigree settings that were considered “romantic” for their delicate use of curves and forms. This period is still a source of inspiration for many modern ring designers, and pieces are coveted by collectors of brilliantly crafted jewelry.
- Arts & Crafts (1894-1923) — This jewelry revival introduced imagination into a variety of pieces, which is why so many Arts & Crafts items evoke bold feelings and elicit strong emotions. When you get to know Arts & Crafts’ rings, necklaces and more, you can easily recognize jewelry from this period while perusing our online gallery.
Certainly, there are other eras of antique and vintage jewelry as well. You can find a stunning range of fascinating possibilities every time you take a visual tour through our website. In addition, you can trust that your purchase has been authenticated by our experts. Learn More about the timeless beauty of Antique Jewelry.
Complete Collection of Fine Antique Jewelry
From engagement rings in rose gold to platinum brooches, Dover Jewelry & Diamonds helps you make a bold, stunning statement with your jewelry. In addition to offering the finest-quality antique and vintage jewelry, our collections and individual items are fully inspected, appraised and repaired by our extensive team of certified gemologists.
Whether you need a beautiful, one-of-a-kind item for a special occasion or you simply want to expand your personal collection of luxurious, feminine jewelry, trust your purchases to Dover Jewelry & Diamonds’ online store.
Discover the Unique Beauty of Vintage & Antique Jewelry
Jewelry is one of humankind’s oldest art forms. From ancient societies to today, jewelry has been worn by men and women to showcase their tastes, statuses and relationships.
In the month of September, we celebrate the sign of Virgo. Sapphires, September Birthstones, are found in several countries, Burma, Kashmir and Sri Lanka. We invite you to view our collection of September birthstones and exquisite selection of Vintage and Modern Sapphire Jewelry. When choosing a special, unique piece of jewelry for yourself or a loved one, consider purchasing antique jewelry online through globally-renowned Dover Jewelry & Diamonds. Our expert curators and certified gemologists find, evaluate and purchase only the finest authentic vintage and antique jewelry from individual sellers and estates.
We encourage frequent browsing of our ever-evolving collection to ensure you’re the first to discover the newest treasures, including vintage signed pieces, rare gems, unique diamond engagement rings and fine certified timepieces.
Make your dreams of owning one-of-a-kind, high-end vintage jewelry come true. Choose your favorites and purchase them today, or feel free to call us at (877) 777-6111 to speak with one of our gem specialists.